Residents of Cavite, Alabang, Makati, Ortigas and Taguig can experience convenient, premium, and affordable commute to and from the city aboard state-of-the-art Metro Express P2P Buses.
Last weekend, Metro Express invited us bloggers and bus enthusiasts as they unveiled the company’s 30 brand new Volvo buses that are equipped with state-of-the-art features: PWD ramp, CCTV, GPS, automated fare collection machine, wifi, monitors, and air conditioners.
|Bloggers and bus enthusiasts during the Metro Express P2P Bus event|
- PWD Friendly
All Metro-express buses are equipped with PWD ramp that makes it easier for people with disability to get on and off the bus.
For safety, the bus is also equipped with CCTV cameras and speed limiters.
GPS is also present.
- Automated fare collection machine
The payment system is automated. The card used, called Prime tap, can also be used at The Coffee project and other establishments.
Passengers can do simple browsing through Facebook or Instagram so they can communicate when they are on the bus in case of an emergency. They can also browse to kill time.
Monitors are also installed on the bus so passengers can have additional entertainment.
For a comfortable ride, all buses are fully air-conditioned.
|Metro Express P2P Bus Prime Tap|
|Metro Express P2P Bus schedule|
Routes and schedule
They also unveiled the six major P2P routes Metro Express currently operates in. We were able to visit some routes as they try to explain how P2P buses operate than normal buses. The routes are the following:
1. Starmall Alabang to Vista Mall Daang Hari (Bacoor City)
2. Starmall Alabang to Camella Dasma Hi-way (Dasmariñas City)
3. Trasierra St., Makati to Vista Mall Daang Hari (Bacoor City)
4. Trasierra St., Makati to Robinsons Dasma Pala-Pala (Dasmariñas City)
5. Vista Mall Taguig to Robinsons Galleria/ Starmall EDSA Shaw Blvd.
6. Vista Mall Taguig to Trasierra St., Makati
For each route, there is a varied fare:
1. Starmall Alabang to Vista Mall Daang Hari (Bacoor City) – PHP 40
2. Starmall Alabang to Camella Dasma Hi-way (Dasmariñas City) – PHP 50
3. Trasierra St., Makati to Vista Mall Daang Hari (Bacoor City) – PHP 110
4. Trasierra St., Makati to Robinsons Dasma Pala-Pala (Dasmariñas City) – PHP 150
5. Vista Mall Taguig to Robinsons Galleria/ Starmall EDSA Shaw Blvd. – PHP 70
6. Vista Mall Taguig to Trasierra St., Makati – PHP 55
The Metro Express gives discounts to Seniors, students, and PWD. They just need to present their valid IDs.
For updates and more information about the buses, please follow the Metro Express P2P Bus Facebook and Instagram account.
MetroExpress has stayed true to its mission of providing quality and affordable transportation, connecting passengers, communities, to their destinations—the easy and affordable way—now it’s up to us to do our part of commuting on time and being more mindful of the bus schedule and guidelines for safe, comfortable travels.