How to Apply for Mexico Tourist Visa for Filipinos


If you are a Filipino who plans to travel to Mexico as a tourist, and you don’t have an existing valid Schengen Visa or US Visa, here’s how you can get your Philippine Passport stamped with Mexico Tourist Visa:

(1) Secure all the required documents (listed below) including your passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected exit from the country.

•• Set an appointment for your VISA applicationClick here to know how to schedule an appointment online. You may also contact the Mexican Embassy (in Manila) VIA PHONE: (+63)(2)(8122211) LOCAL 116 OR VIA EMAIL:

(2) Bring all the required documents and proceed to the Consular Office of the Embassy of Mexico in the Philippines. The Consular Office is open from Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 11:00am. It is located at Unit 201 GC Corporate Plaza, 2F., 150 Legaspi St., Legaspi Village, Makati City, Metro Manila. SEE THE COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS FOR MEXICAN VISA APPLICATION BELOW

(3) Pay the VISA application processing fee amounting to PHP 1864 (around USD 36).

(4) Wait for your Visa Approval. It normally takes 2-3 working days to process the visa but may also take up to 15 days for some situations.

Or if you have a valid MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA FOR JAPAN, CANA, US, SCHENGEN AREA, you do not need to apply for Mexico Visa! You will be allowed to visit Mexico through any port of entry without Mexican visa. These include tourist, transit and business trip.

If your valid US/ JP/ CANADA/ SCHENGEN visa is stamped on your old passport, you can still use it by presenting both old and new passports upon entry.

If you have questions don’t hesitate to email me/ message me on fb mesenger / comment below.



In accordance to National Institute of Migration of Mexico regulation, effective May 1st, 2010, all foreigners regardless their nationality traveling to Mexico, with a valid Multiple Entry visa from USA, CANADA, JAPAN, or SCHENGEN area will be allowed to visit Mexico through any port of entry – air, land, sea- without a Mexican Visa; this includes tourist, transit and business trips.

• • Holders of a valid United States multiple-entry visa do not require a Mexican visa to travel to Mexico for a period of entry not exceeding 180 days and for non-gainful activities. The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is NOT considered a valid U.S. visa for the purpose of travelling to Mexico under the exemption of the Mexican visa. The U.S. visa must be stamped on the current passport.

Similarly, Filipinos holding a valid official or diplomatic passport traveling to Mexico for official meeting or any business related activities will no longer need to secure a visa.


Here are the requirements you have to submit to the Mexican Embassy in Manila:

1) Duly filled up Application Form.  (Available from the Embassy or send me a message of you want to see how it looks like).

For minors, both parents must sign the application form in front of the consular officer at the Embassy. In case the mother or father of the minor could not be able to sign the application form he/she must request a parent consent letter to travel signed before a notary public. The parents must present legal documents that proves of his/her full authority/custody to the child.

2) Passport (with validity of at least six months). Photocopies of front and back cover of the passport.

3) One Latest photo (1.5” x 1.5” or 2” x 2” (inch in size) in color with white background. NO GLASSES.

4) One Valid Identification card original and photocopy (photocopies of the front and back side of the card)

Please present any of the following:

oDriver’s License

oSSS / GSIS ID card

oVoter’s ID

oValid Student ID

5) Financial solvency. Please provide all of the following:

 Updated bank statements from the last 3 months and bank certificate (with minimum maintaining balance of Php75,000 per month) (original copy).

 At least one or two of the following (original and photocopy):

oValid International Credit Card (photocopy the backside of the card where signature can be found)

oPaid Credit Card Statements/Billing statements of credit card (for the last 3 months)

oUpdated Passbooks/ Bank Books (front page & page with the last updated amount

oIncome Tax Return History (if employed); Business ownership certifications, duly registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). (if self-employed)

oBusiness Ownership Certifications, duly registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) (if self-employed).

6) Certificate of Employment (original). Stating the length of stay and remuneration package with minimum basic salary of Php 25,000.00 and at least two (2) years of employment in a single company.

7) Company ID

8) Certificate of Land Title. (Photocopy and original) with a minimum of 2 years of ownership.

9) Proof of investment/Business Permit

10) Certificate of Incorporation duly issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission

11) Photocopies of previous visa stamp/travel history

12) Personal appearance (Click here to schedule an appointment)


For Married Couple applying for the visa, separate set of documentation is required.  Please provide the Marriage Contract upon application.

For Parents and Children applying together for the visa, please present the Birth Certificate/s of the children. Both parents must sign the application form of the child. If the parent of the child is out of the country he/she must provide a consent letter to travel signed before a notary public.

The application form must be filled out in word format or it can be type written.

 The applicant must present both the original and photocopies of the documents before the consular officer at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Mexico.

Travel Tips

There is a way (for Filipinos) to enter Mexico without having to apply for Tourist VISA: Traveling by Cruise Ship. Regarding this cruise, I have confirmed that the cruise ships are mostly form California. Unfortunately, at this moment, there is no cruise coming from Asia.

I have good news though for fellow travelers who have asked about online work space: Travel around the world without missing your important work by accessing your online private work space remotely from any part of the globe on any device with hosted virtual desktop from powered by one of the best DaaS providers –

If you have pressing concerns/ queries about VISA APPLICATION please contact me. i’ll try my best to respond as soon as I can 🙂 

Related Posts
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *